Top 10 IP geolocation APIs for quality personalized content 2022 January 12, 2023
Achieving good performance in your business is not just the result of a good marketing strategy. As proof, many companies manage to stand out in front of the competition, not in a risky way, but through IP geolocation APIs to offer the best content to their customers. And if you also choose this alternative? This will make it very easy for you to attract more customers and retain them, as they will get the best-personalized content. How is that possible? Through IP geolocation APIs.
Of course, there are so many APIs, and their plurality could confuse you, making it difficult to find a great API to improve the user experience. However, to help you make your choice, we have mainly tested and studied a very large number of these APIs, and we were able to find the best ones for you. So, keep reading carefully to discover the best IP geolocation APIs to offer excellent personalized content, and why make special use of them.
What is an IP Geolocation API ?
Before considering why to use a geolocation API service, it would be important to first consider what is meant by an IP geolocation API. Indeed, we are talking here about a service whose purpose is to find the location or the actual geographical position of a user once he is connected to the Internet. In addition, an IP geolocation API allows you to obtain a very large amount of information precisely and reliably. This information could be very useful, in particular, to know who your visitors are in real-time, and what their geographical area is.
What are the reasons for choosing an IP geolocation API service, and how can it be useful?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the services and products offered by businesses are increasingly digital. So there are a very large number of reasons why you should opt for an API service and in what context it might be useful. Firstly, it should be noted that most of the activities carried out online very often require detection of the location where the user is located to offer him the best according to his geographical area and the needs that this could imply. Thus, an IP geolocation API helps you to provide the user with a quality service, the best product available, or excellent content due to its geographical region.
As a result, the user may be in the news about the products offered in their geographical area through notifications, which is another reason to opt for an IP geolocation API service. In addition, an IP geolocation API service can be used in many different ways, which makes it essential to make use of it. An IP geolocation API allows you to locate a user in real-time without the user having to provide their IP address manually. It can also geolocate any type of IPv4 or IPv6 address. An IP geolocation API is what you need to deliver personalized content.
What is the best IP geolocation APIs ?
As noted above, choosing a good IP geolocation API is not always easy. It is with this in mind that we wanted to present to you those that have been particularly tested by our experts, and therefore the result was exceptional. Here are the best IP geolocation APIs to offer great custom content.
This is one of the best IP geolocation APIs. The purpose of this program is to grow your business and offer your visitors or users highly personalized content. ApiBundle is relatively new, which means that they took time to study the shortcomings and real problems of the field, to offer the best product on the market. This is quickly illustrated by the fact that it offers up to 10,000 free requests per day, which is simply exceptional. This can therefore be used to easily make targeted publications, an analysis of your audience, or strengthened your GDPR policy even blocked certain regions that do not respect it.
Add to this, ApiBundle has very well-written and structured documentation, offering in a clear and precise way all the possibilities of using the API as well as many examples to start well.
- Provides data on the continent, country, city, time zone, internet provider, and many more
- supports ipv4 and ipv6 addresses
- complete documentation with supporting example
- very fast response time
- ability to make multiple ip requests in a single request
- enhanced security
- supports json, jsonp and xml formats
- free: 10,000 queries/day
- pro: 100,000 queries/day at $110/month
For ApiBundle, information about an IP address is crucial for a company, as it helps segment and boost decision-making for an IP-based marketing strategy. Because for a specific audience there is a well-defined strategy, this is why for developers, ApiBundle facilitates thanks to its API that allows enriching forms automatically and many other features.
Maxmind offers you an excellent GeoIP database as well as many services specific to fraud detection. It is known for its proxy detection and anti-fraud services This is, therefore, the choice of choice for people who want to get super well-personalized content, as well as advertisements that are essentially aimed at detecting fraud. It has several free and paid databases. The most common is the GeoLite2 database, which houses data on many IP addresses. In addition, it is not only free to use but also under an international CC license.
Maxmind also offers a web API service, but unlike ApiBundle which offers up to 10,000 free requests per day, we realize that MaxMind offers its users only 5,000 requests per month, starting at $25, and up to $250 depending on the user’s budget.
- Enhanced databases on countries and cities
- Their databases are constantly updated
- Has several tools to detect fraud
- Rest API and free ip geolocate API
- Region code, city state, zip code, and IP bulk group and location information
- geolocate databases
- Very expensive API web service
- No whitelist for domain names
- Web API: Credit Service
- Database: Contact Customer Service
IpStack provides basic geolocation information about an IP address, such as country, time zone, currency, and many more. In addition, it also provides its user-agent (user-agent), which is useful only when called from the browser.
Its free offer is hyper-limited, as it only gives 100 queries/ month. If you need more volume, you can upgrade to their paid offer which is starting at $7.99
- JSON, XML, and GeoJSON are supported as a return format
- Supports multilingual
- VPN and proxy detection
- Rapid response time
- IP bulk lookup
- The free offer is hyper limited
- It does not offer an IP address on a map
- Free: 100 queries/month
- Basic: 50,000 queries/month at $7.99
- Professional: 500,000 queries/month at $39.99
- Professional plus: 2,000,000 queries/month at $79.99
IPdata.co’s IP geolocation API is among the most accurate on the market. It provides precise information on the location of an IP and at the same time provides security information to combat fraud such as the threat level of an IP.
Indeed, he quickly distinguished himself by his relationship to intelligence and treatment of threats, and he made it his main fight. Thus, ipdata checks if your IP is listed in one of the many OSINT lists.
- Good global coverage with 11 servers worldwide
- Good VPN and proxy detection
- Good documentation
- Geolocation data
- Strictly forbidden to use the free commercial offer
- Free: 1500 queries/day
- Staff: 2500 requests/day at $10/month
- Lite: 10,000 queries/day at $30/month
- Startup: 50,000 queries/day at $50/month
- Business: 100,000 queries/day at $120/month
It is impossible to talk about the best IP geolocation APIs without mentioning Ip Info. This API of geolocation provides a set of APIs on different tariff plans.
Their particularity is the precision regarding the recovery of a user’s internet service provider. This makes it possible to obtain the domain name, the name, and the type of company providing the network.
- Reverse DNS searches
- Enhanced security
- Rapid response time
- Reduced bandwidth through response filtering capability
- IP location Supports IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Little proved very expensive, especially for large volumes of IP address location
- Free: 50,000 queries/month
- Basic: 150,000 queries/month at $99
- Standard: 250,000 queries/month at $249
- Basic: 500,000 queries/month at $499
Present since about 2012, he is a strong player in the field. IP API offers a simple and very proper service that allows you to obtain information about the IP address. They want to serve several million requests per day available in JSON, XML, or CSV formats.
They are hosted by Total Uptime Technologies LLC and have servers in Europe, America, and Asia, allowing them to reach an interesting response time.
- Fast response time minus 50 ms
- Good documentation
- No registration is required
- Commercial use prohibited for a free offer
- No SSL security for the free offer
- The free offer is limited to 45 requests per minute
Have you heard of IP-API? It's often confused with its competitor IP-api.co, which also provides geolocation IP services.
Excellent API that allows you to locate an IPv4 or IPv6 IP and get valuable information about the user behind the IP such as its region, city, postal code, internet service provider, time zone, location address, etc.
Abstract also has well-detailed documentation and also offers other related services such as email verification or phone number verification.
- Good documentation
- JSON and XML supported
- Good security
- Location accuracy
- Multilingual not supported
- High response time
- Free: 20,000 queries/month
- Basic: 200,000 queries at $9/month
- Pro: 1,500,000 queries at $49/month
- Company: 20,000,000 queries at $499/month
Probably one of the revolutionaries in the industry. Their very first service was to obtain their IP address programmatically. This has had a resounding service because it is extremely fast. Thanks to this, they were able to set up several services, such as the IP geolocation service.
Powered by Heroku, their service provides basic information about an IP address, making it possible to personalize content, personalize advertisements, fight fraud, and many more.
- Clear and accurate documentation
- It's easy to integrate
- VPN detection via IP API
- Pleasant user experience
- Ip lookup to get the information.
- Hyper limitation of the free plan is that gives only 1,000 requests/month and, to everyone’s surprise, can even go very low to 333 requests/month, if you want to get information about the VPN, just locate the IP address.
- By credit or by month
Very relevant in the collection of information, IP2Location provides an IP address database and an IP geolocation API web service. Their particularity is to go further than the others by offering more information such as the different groups of belonging of the country returned, (G20, NATO, etc.), its population, its area, etc.
- Data returned are wide and varied
- Good documentation
- Multiple possible datasets as a response
- VPN detection is a separate pricing plan
- The packages are too numerous and sometimes very confusing, this also leads to a complicated tariff plan.
- Many rates are available according to your preferences
Built using AWS and Cloudflare and based on professional geolocation data, IP geolocation proved to be an excellent IP geolocation API in 2022. It allows you to find city-specific information, postal code, country code, country code, and much more.
The IP Localization API also provides information about threats, which makes it easy to detect proxy, traffic, spam, and above all malicious robots to offer the user quite personalized content.
- JSON & XML supported
- IPv4 and IPv6 supported
- Good documentation
- Average response time of 127 ms based on their status page
- Limit of 1000 daily requests for the free offer
- Free: 30,000 queries/month
- Bronze: $15/month for 150,000 requests/month
- Silver: $65 per month for 1M requests per month
- Silver+: $130 per month for 3M requests per month
- Gold: $200 per month for 6M queries per month
- Platinum: $500 per month for 20 million requests per month.